Car rental in Denmark
Hot deals in Copenhagen Airport
Here you can find a car of any class that best suits your needs.
See for yourself!
Our professional call center will help you understand all the intricacies of car rental in Denmark and beyond. We guarantee full support throughout the rental period.
- Popular cities
- Holidays in Denmark
- Rules of the road, parking, toll roads
- Emergency and referral services
Turn your journey through the Kingdom of Denmark into a fairy tale: choose the scenery that suits your story with this beautiful country. Here, cozy cities with colorful toy houses are adjacent to seaside beaches where birds manage, the territory of ancient castles with fishing villages are adjacent to endless heathlands and green meadows. Rent a car and go to your own Danish tale.
Holidays in Denmark
Wonders of Danish Nature
Tu National Park
You can plunge into the amazing and diverse world of wildlife by visiting the Thu National Park, the largest in Denmark. The landscape of the park is striking in its colorfulness: here you will see pasture meadows, and sand dunes, and severe rocks, on which sea waves are breaking. To explore all the most beautiful landscapes of the Ty national park, on arrival feel free to transfer from your rental car to horses or a bicycle. Build your route in such a way as to catch the wires of the setting sun on the beach of Klitmöller.
Cliffs Myons Clint
After making sure that the weather does not present you with unpleasant surprises, go for a walk to the white cliffs of Myons Clint, which are several kilometers along the east coast of the island of Myon. Island paths will lead you through a beech forest to the rocky peaks from which you can contemplate the sea distances indefinitely. The time taken from Copenhagen to the Mons Clint Cliffs in a rented car will be 2 hours, so along the way you will have the opportunity to admire the variety of Danish landscapes.
Mols Bierge National Park
Visitors to the park who have used the car rental service are advised to leave their rental car in the parking lot near Agri Baunehøj, the highest hill of Mols Bjerge. Overlooking the surroundings from a hill, you decide which path the national park embarks on: one leads to moorlands and pasture, the other to the ruins of the medieval castle of Kalo, the third to the coastal village of Ebeltoft, along the coast of which the ancient frigate of Jutland is moored. After the journey, you will remember for a long time the magnificent hilly landscapes of Mols Bjerge with light sadness, about which the famous poet Robert Burns wrote in the lines “My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here” / “Until now I’m there ...” .
Rules of the road, parking, toll roads
In Denmark, you can drive your car on all roads for free. Only entry to the two bridges is payable - Grand Belt (Storebæltsforbindelsen) and Öresund (Øresundsbron).
Special Pay Bridges
Four-lane traffic on the Grand Belt and Oresund bridges. The choice of lane depends on the payment method: green - BroBizz payment system, blue - credit and BroKort cards, yellow - cash and iTickets. Entrance fee - no more than 50 €.
- In the village - 50 km / h
- Outside the village - 80 km / h
- By road - 110 km / h
- On the highway - 130 km / h
The minimum permitted speed when driving on a motorway is 50 km / h.
The maximum allowable level of alcohol in the blood is 0.5 ‰ .
In Denmark, the use of dipped-beam headlamps is mandatory 24 hours a day.
Mandatory use of seat belts for passengers sitting both in the front seats and in the rear.
In Denmark, all paid parking lots are divided into three types: red, green and blue. Red parking areas are the most expensive. This is the most common form of parking in the city center. Green and blue car parks are most often found in the suburbs, perhaps this is due to the low price of parking in these areas. On Sunday, you can leave your rental car in such a parking lot for free.
If you want to save on parking in the city center, follow the recommendations:
- Tourists traveling in a rented car are entitled to a discount card, which can be purchased at the Parkering København office. The card gives a good discount on parking.
- There is a special kind of parking in Denmark - 10-18 2 timer. Here you can leave your rental car free for 2 hours from 10 to 18 hours. Do not forget to install a paper timer on the windshield and use it to indicate the start time for parking.
Denmark strictly monitors compliance with parking rules, so we recommend that you study the following rules:
- At street car parks, the use of a parking disk is mandatory.
- In specially equipped parking at the roadsides, your rented car can be left only for an hour. This restriction is valid on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Saturday - from 9 a.m. to 13 p.m. On other hours and all day on Sunday you can leave your rental car for any period.
- After paying for the parking hours, the parking meter will give you a ticket, which you must place in a conspicuous place under the windshield.
- In no case should ordinary motorists occupy parking spaces for disabled people or for owners of electric vehicles marked with special signs.
Emergency and referral services
- Single phone number for police, ambulance and fire service - 112
- Road Assistance in Copenhagen - 31 / 142-222
- Tourist Information Center in Copenhagen - (45-33) 122-880
Car rental in Denmark with BookingCar - profitable, convenient, easy!
In case of any problems associated with car rental in Denmark, BookingCar will solve them as quickly as possible.
We will be with you 24 hours a day.
All you need is to contact us.
© Elena Kotelova , 2016